Making Your Anger Work For You
Keys to Healthy Anger
Of all the emotions anger is the one most likely to be labeled as bad, dangerous, destructive and even sinful. And for good reason.
Anger is one of least understood and most misunderstood of all the emotions, and it can indeed be one of the most dangerous.
However, the real problem isn’t the emotion of anger, it’s the often unhealthy, immature and irresponsible ways that people express their anger. It’s the fact that few people understand anger, what it is, where it comes from, and that it can actually serve a constructive role in our lives.
When we learn how to understand and manage our anger, this energy of this powerful emotion can actually help us increase our effectiveness in all of our relationships.
In this workshop you’ll learn how to . . .
- Identify the high personal and professional costs of unhealthy anger
- Understand the impact of unhealthy anger on your emotional and physical health
- Identify the primary emotions that lead to the secondary emotion of anger
- Recognize the “triggers” that set you up for unhealthy anger
- Retrain your brain to help you to respond rather than react when your buttons get pushed
- Harness your anger-energy to better understand and deal with others
- How to “invest” the energy of anger in healthy ways
- Develop ways for healthy anger to increase your effectiveness at work
- Utilize healthy anger to improve the quality of your most important relationships
Utilizing the insights and resources of Emotional & Relational Intelligence (ERQ®), this unique material is based on over thirty years of research, writing, consulting, teaching and training and is one of the most popular workshops that CHR has to offer.
To sign up for a RelationshipSkills workshop, visit our Event Registration page.